Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10

Week 4... Already!

This a copy-and-past post -
first an excerpt from my reflection from my service this morning:
This morning 3 of us set out on our 5-hour journey of service.
We arrived much more promptly this week,
finding a more direct route.
(Last week it took us 2 hours both ways)
None of the sisters quite knew what to do with us at first,
but then I was directed to the kitchen,
and Courtney and Jeff were taken upstairs..
Jeff spent the day changing adult diapers..

I spent an hour chopping garlic, peeling bananas,
and helping prepare for lunch.
The second and third hours were spent doing dishes.
Throughout the different tasks, I prayed several mysteries of the rosary with the
only other sister that spoke english.
I have never lead a decade of the rosary before,
or prayed the rosary without a physical rosary.
It was difficult to dice garlic and count Hail Marys...

I was a little ashamed when asked my favorite mystery of the rosary.
The only one I knew was Luminous,
and we had already prayed that one.
Catholic school all my life,
and I could not come up with Joyful... or Glorious.
---------
Calcio update:

The weekly Calcio newsletter was published today filled with trash talk.
Here were some of the main points.

"Technically, Kiwi really did kick some Ash, beating them 7-4,
but Ash stole the show with their uncomfortably tight Italian spandex.
Thanks Colin and Mike for displaying some things we never need to see again."

"As predicted, Navy Blue defeated Chocolate with a score of 4-2.
Unfortunately the pre game stretches didn't turn out so well for
some Chocolate team members. Despite the fact that Nick Handy got
brutally nailed in the groin by a fellow team mate during said warmups,
he was able to recover and score for his team."

John "Fancy Pants" Adorno and Shane "I'M IRISH" McCarthy
were both also mentioned by name.

I'm not going to take responsibility for the injury mentioned above,
but I will admit to being on team Chocolate..

That was last week though.
This week my game ended in a tie-
I did however manage to trip on the ball and knock the wind out of myself
picking up some beautiful turf burns on my knees.
Let's just say blood was involved and I looked pretty tough.

I did get one 'nice move' when I faked a pass during perhaps my only possession of the ball tonight.
So I'll put tonight in the win column again.

We got our shirts tonight - number 10 was taken, so I picked number 5.
(I think is your soccer number, right Nick?)

---------
KARAOKE
Last night the JFRC held it's first Karaoke night:
I think the picture will tell you all you need to know.
I did embarrassingly join in "Friend in Low Places" with Emily
and a round of "Yellow Submarine"
The hits of the night were Conor's "Hero" - Enrique
and many Backstreet Boys / NSYNC covers by Mike and the guys
"Everybody, yeahhhh"

3 comments:

  1. I was talked into backstreets back by ryan, Ted and I rocked the house with some Garth Brooks and John Mellencamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could see you playing soccer.

    miss youuu

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read this and was wondered who camille was and why she misses me...
    OH, miss you too Lily
    And my soccer skills < or = to my vball skills...

    ReplyDelete